SLHS PARKING PERMIT SALES FOR THE 2021-22 SCHOOL YEAR
- 2021-22 SLHS PARKING PERMIT APPLICATION
- PAINTING INSTRUCTIONS FOR SENIORS - 2021-22
- 2021-22 SENIOR SPACE PAINTING DESIGN SUBMISSION FORM (Please wait to submit painting designs until a parking permit has been acquired)
WE HAVE AN UPDATE FOR ALL SENIORS PREPARING TO PAINT SPACES THIS SATURDAY:
We are a “Go” for TOMORROW, Saturday, Sept. 18th. HOWEVER, WE HAVE TWEAKED THE START AND END TIMES. We will now begin at 7:15 a.m. and end at 10:30 a.m. We will need to end at 10:30 to allow time for the paint to dry properly, so please plan accordingly. This will be the last space painting session for the year, provided the weather cooperates.
ATTENTION ALL SENIORS PREPARING TO PAINT SPACES THIS SATURDAY:
We are keeping our eyes on the remnants of Tropical Storm Nicholas as well as other weather patterns developing in the next day or two. As of right now, we are a “Go” for Saturday, Sept. 18th, from 7:30-11:00 am. However, we will continue to monitor weather conditions and will make a final determination sometime Friday afternoon before school ends about:
- If we can proceed this Saturday with our plans; and
- If we may need to just tweak the times a little to accommodate enough time for the paint to dry.
We will make that announcement during school and post it on our website as well. If we do have to postpone, then we will alert everyone via our website of the makeup date sometime next week. Hopefully, we will not have to.
Mark your calendars! The makeup date for seniors painting their parking spots is now scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 18th. We will begin at 7:30 am and end at 11:00 am. Students and those helping these seniors should enter through Gate 4 and park in the lower lot and carry their supplies up to their spots. If weather becomes an issue, determinations will be made closer to Sept. 18th. If weather permits, then Sept. 18th will be the last day for space painting, so please plan accordingly.
ATTENTION ALL STUDENT DRIVERS: Starting Tuesday, August 31st, students who have not purchased a parking permit will not be allowed to continue parking on campus. Administration will begin the process of writing $40 parking violation fines and referrals for those drivers with vehicles not permitted. These fines will not be waived and will have to be paid prior to purchasing a permit. So, please, if you have not purchased a permit yet, see Mrs. Bates in the Attendance Office no later than Monday afternoon, August 30th. Thank you!
ATTENTION ALL STUDENT DRIVERS AND PARENTS OF STUDENT DRIVERS:
Welcome Back! We're looking forward to another great year at SLHS!
The dates of distribution of student parking permits for the 2021-2022 School Year will be Tuesday, July 27, 2021, from 8:00-11:00 a.m. for SENIORS ONLY.
Distribution for all remaining seniors and all underclassmen will be Wednesday, July 28, 2021, from 8:00-11:00 a.m.
To streamline the process, all students wishing to purchase a permit will need to do the following:
- Print off and read the 2021-22 SLHS PARKING PERMIT APPLICATION (See link at the top of this webpage) and make sure they have ALL necessary documents and funds with them at the time of application. Please remember SLHS does not accept cash. There are only three approved ways to pay for a parking permit: 1) RevTrak; 2) a money order for the exact amount of the parking permit made out of SLHS; or 3) a cashier’s check for the exact amount of the parking permit made out of SLHS.
- All students wishing to purchase a permit must first pay any outstanding fines or fees still lingering on their Destiny account BEFORE they will be allowed to purchase/acquire a permit. They can access Destiny via Classlink to see if there are any outstanding balances (PLEASE NOTE: If a fine or fee was assigned by another school in Lake County, SLHS cannot clear that fine/fee. The student must go to the school of origin and pay the fine/fee there and make sure it is cleared off Destiny prior to applying for a permit. SLHS administration will be checking Destiny to make sure all fines/fees have been paid).
- Seniors wishing to paint their parking spaces will need to print off and read the PAINTING INSTRUCTIONS FOR SENIORS - 2021-22 and follow the instructions. There is an additional $10.00 fee for this. The dates and times to paint spaces are listed there.
- Seniors wishing to paint their parking spaces also need to fill out the 2021-22 SENIOR SPACE PAINTING DESIGN SUBMISSION FORM and submit their proposed pictures by the dates listed on the form. See link at the top of this webpage.
There is no longer a designated “Senior Lot.” All students will be assigned a parking space this year, even in the lower lot (students will get to choose location of spot based on availability). However, seniors wishing to paint their spaces will be required to park in in the upper lot, as we are only painting spaces in the upper lot. No lower lot spaces will be allowed to be painted.
Parking Permits will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis to those students who have completed all the necessary paperwork and steps. Students lacking paperwork completion, lacking funds, or lacking a cleared Destiny account will be sent back home to complete necessary steps.
Students with an unweighted GPA lower than 2.0 will not be allowed to purchase a permit. Those students will need to work on academics in the first semester and get their GPAs to a 2.0 or higher before they can be eligible to purchase a permit. In this interim period, these students will need to use alternative transportation (parent drop off, bus, walk, bicycle, or ride with a friend).
All students, please download a copy of the application, follow the instructions, and have it ready when you arrive. It has four pages, requires student and parental signatures, requires copies be made of several items, requires information about the vehicle being permitted, and requires funds. School copiers will not be available during permit pickup, so please have these copies with you when you arrive. All photocopies being submitted must be readable.
PARENTS, IF YOU WISH TO USE A SCHOOL AUTHORITY AS YOUR WITNESS TO YOUR SIGNATURE ON PAGE 3, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN THE APPLICATION UNTIL YOU ARE ASKED TO DO SO BY ONE OF OUR SCHOOL PERSONNEL ON THE DAY YOUR BRING THE APPLICATION TO THE SCHOOL. WE CANNOT WITNESS A SIGNATURE THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN WRITTEN. 😊 If a parent cannot bring the application personally at the time of permit distribution, then we suggest the parent secure another witness who is 18 years of age or older to be the witness prior to submitting the application.
If you cannot make it on July 27th or July 28th, we will have a table set up in the cafeteria during the lunches for the first three days of school for permit purchase. The student will need to have all necessary paperwork and funds ready at that time, and a signature of a witness 18 years or older will need to be secured prior to applying for the permit because parents will not be allowed on campus to purchase permits on these days in the cafeteria.
If you have any questions that are not answered on the application or in any of the other paperwork, to include this information above, you may contact Mr. Thompson at email@example.com.
LOCATION FOR PICKING UP PERMITS ON JULY 27th AND JULY 28th WILL BE IN THE MEDIA CENTER. PLEASE PARK IN THE STUDENT PARKING AREAS (UPPER OR LOWER LOTS) USING GATE 3.
ALSO, THE LINE TO OBTAIN PERMITS MAY GET LONG AND MAY BE OUTSIDE FOR SOME OF IT, SO PLEASE PLAN ACCORDINGLY.
See you then!