What is a Multi-Tiered System of Supports ( MTSS)?
Multi-tiered System of Supports (MTSS) is a term used to describe an evidence-based model of schooling that uses data-based problem-solving to integrate academic and behavioral instruction and intervention. The integrated instruction and intervention is provided to students at varying levels of intensity based on student need. The goal is to prevent problems and intervene early so that students can be successful.
What happened to RtI?
Multi-tiered System of Supports (MTSS) is a more accurate term because RtI is actually the 4th step of the planning/problem-solving process.
What do I do if I believe my child is struggling?
• Talk with your child’s teacher.
• Review and assist with homework assignments.
• Ask for regular progress monitoring reports.
• Celebrate your child’s successes.
• Learn more about the curriculum, assessments, and interventions being used in your child’s school.
• Participate in conferences and other meetings about your child.
Click Here to access MTSS Brochures: https://www.lake.k12.fl.us/Page/21585