Welcome to Distance Learning
I hope everyone is staying healthy and safe during this time. The following is information on distance learning that is scheduled to begin on Monday, March 30th. Yes, you WILL be required to complete at least 1 lesson a day through a course titled EDGENUITY. This will be where some assignments and grades will come from. As for AP many of your assignments will be on Google Classroom. See NEW codes below. AP…continue to review Quizlet. I will be posting a BIG review there. Also, Schoology will have all of my power points. AP will be tested on Domain 11. This is titled Testing and Individual Differences. You have already completed the study guide. My personal power point will be on Schoology. I will also be testing you on this domain. Note: this will complete the information that will be on the AP Exam. If any of you are struggling with the content or have questions please feel free to contact me. I am planning to use Zoom. Just need to learn how to use it. My email address is email@example.com and I will have office hours Monday-Friday from 8:00 am to 11:00 am. You can also text me at 352-217-3494. If you would like to meet virtually and need some tutoring or assistance. Again, please feel free to email me if you have any questions. This is a new learning experience for us all and we will get through this together.
AP Psychology classrooms CODES: I will be using the content from Unit 1-7. Please try to get onto this site. It is a wealth of great information. I know some of you may have to figure out your passwords. Find them and write them down!!!!!
Join Code: 7DZNGD
Join Code: ADGGZE
AP Psych Period 6 (+period 2)
Join Code: Q99NRW
Join Code: WXG64P
NEW Google Classroom Codes: I will be posting FRQs each day. It is important that we begin to really get used to these. It sounds like the exam will only be FRQs. No Multiple Choice. I know!!!!! Just know you can do this!!!
Period 1: hc5ude7
Period 2: tkor2v7
Period 3: 6rcgelx
Period 5: gpocyhr
Period 6: ombzutt
Period 7: easksux
On Quizlet: (for ap)
I would go back and review the past quizlets. This is an AMAZING resource!!!! Pay attention to TESTING AND INDIVIDUAL DIFFERENCES
Step 1: Create an account on Quizlet or download the Quizlet app.
Step 2: Follow YOUR class period’s link to join your classroom.
Period 5 –
Period 6 –
· All my Power Points-Domain 1-11 (AP Units 1-7)
· Copy of Domain 11 Test-Testing and Individual Differences (Note: you will be tested on this).
· Spark Chart
· MASSIVE AP vocab list
· Pay close attention to the Power point of writing the FRQ
· I have registered but don’t know how to use it yet.
Below you see the Units to be covered on the AP
· Unit 1: Scientific Foundations of Psychology 10–14%
· Unit 2: Biological Bases of Behavior 8–10%
· Unit 3: Sensation and Perception 6–8%
· Unit 4: Learning 7–9%
· Unit 5: Cognitive Psychology 13–17%
· Unit 6: Developmental Psychology 7–9%
· Unit 7: Motivation, Emotion, and Personality 11–15%
· Unit 8: Clinical Psychology 12–16% (your domain 12-Disorders and 13-Treatment)-NOT on test
· Unit 9: Social Psychology 8–10% (your domain 14-Soc. Psych)-NOT on test
For the 2019-20 exam administration only:
· We’re developing secure 45-minute online free-response exams for each course.
· The exam content will focus on what most schools were able to complete by early March.
· You’ll be able to take your exams on any device you have access to—computer, tablet, or smartphone. You’ll also have the option to write your responses by hand and submit a photo.
· Colleges support this solution and are committed to ensuring that AP students receive the credit they have worked to earn. For decades, colleges have accepted a shortened AP Exam for college credit when groups of students have experienced emergencies.
· We know that not all students have access to the internet or a device. We’re working on solutions to help students get what they need to show their best work. If you need mobile tools or connectivity or know someone who does, you can reach us directly to let us know.
The exams will be secure. We’re using a variety of digital security tools, including plagiarism detection software
Free AP Review Classes
Beginning on Wednesday, March 25, you can attend free, live AP review courses, delivered by AP teachers from across the country. These courses:
· Are optional, mobile-friendly, and can be used alongside any work your teacher may give you.
· Will be available on-demand, so you can access them any time.
· Will focus on reviewing the skills and concepts from the first 75% of the course. There will also be some supplementary lessons including topics from the final 25% of the course.
To access the live classes and recordings, visit the AP YouTube channel or find your course schedule below. We’ll be adding more courses soon.
Here is your first assignment: Tell me…why all of this is going to be easier for you than me????
Fondly, Ms. Dowman
- Gayle Dowman
- AP Psych/Psychology I/II
- South Lake High School
- Office Hours: 8am to 11am M-F